Winning PerformanceWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
A new site encompasses the creativity and vibrancy of their live shows while also increasing ticket sales and site traffic. The redesign unites four major programs, giving visitors faster access to tickets, schedules, and education programs within a striking new user interface.
Winner of the Web Marketing Association's Arts Standard of Excellence of 2008
Wolf Trap needed to bring the vibrancy of their live shows and programs to the web and make it easier for visitors to research performances and purchase tickets.
Wolf Trap needed a design that exposed the full breadth of its brand. To achieve this goal, NavigationArts' information architects redesigned site navigation and content around Wolf Trap's four main program areas - The Filene Center, The Barns, The Opera, and Education - all while creating clear pathways that allow site visitors to purchase tickets, find performances, and enroll in classes related to their interests.
The site was developed in the Sitecore content management system with advanced calendar and search functionality.
Project Results Included:
- A digital strategy to help Wolf Trap more effectively engage diverse audiences through improved information architecture, increasing ticket sales, donations, and class registrations
- New site architecture that accurately reflects Wolf Trap’s varied offerings and provides an intuitive navigation structure for online visitors
- User interface design that reinforces the distinct programming areas and incorporates images of Wolf Trap’s state of the art facilities and world class performances
- Selection of the Sitecore content management system
- Website development including customization of advanced calendar and site search functionality
- Customized CMS training for content authors and administrators
- Ongoing technical support during site release
Located just outside of Washington, D.C., Wolf Trap is America's National Park for the Performing Arts, offering a wide range of artistic and education programs. Wolf Trap's typical season includes musical performances ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to orchestra, dance, theatre, and opera.