With more than 3,000 properties in 68 countries and territories worldwide, Marriott needed a user interface design that could handle a dozen brand identities and be flexible enough to grow over time. The result is a system that allows for brand distinction while highlighting individual property assets.
Winner of the Web Marketing Association's Hotel and Lodging Standard of Excellence of 2011
Marriott International, Inc. engaged NavigationArts to lead a full redesign of the Marriott hotel websites. The NavigationArts UX team integrated into Marriott’s eCommerce group to collaborate on the full end to end process. Marriott’s objectives for its network of 3,000 properties and data sources included:
- Brand and property differentiation
- Content restructuring
- Site expansion
- Complete visual redesign
NavigationArts worked closely with Marriott user experience and development teams to conduct a requirements analysis and exploration process that included user research, joint application development sessions, and collaboration with brand leaders. NavigationArts developed comprehensive documentation of functional and visual specifications for the redesign of Marriott’s hotel and resort websites.
The NavigationArts team created a system that allowed for brand distinction and highlighted property assets. The final product includes the following brands:
- JW Marriott
- The Autograph Collection
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- Renaissance Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Marriott Executive Apartments
- SpringHill Suites
- Residence Inn
- Fairfield Inn
- TownePlace Suites
Project Results Included:
- Enhanced user experience that supports brand differentiation while maintaining the integrity of Marriott.com’s overarching look and feel across all sites
- An extendable platform with the ability to support all new content and brand variations and to highlight unique offerings from each hotel
- Improved integration with the reservations process for richer interactions
- Web Marketing Association Award for Hotel and Lodging Standard of Excellence
NavigationArts continues to work closely with Marriott to improve and refine user experiences across their digital channels.
Marriott International, Inc. is a global leader in hospitality. Today, Marriott has over 3,000 lodging facilities in 68 countries, ranging from full-service lodging, select-service lodging, extended-stay lodging, and timeshares.